Casa del Grivò is a family-run small reality. Our intention is to share the beauty of this place and of the nearby nature. We are committed to ensuring that our guests have a genuine and authentic experience, sharing homely moments like having a glass of wine together or listening to Giulio playing guitar in the summer evenings.
We are also willing to give our guests any information they might need, about how to organize customized touristic routes!
I was born here, I mean inside this house! Here I’ve spent the most beautiful childhood I could ever dream: I was climbing the trees, swimming in the wild pools, looking around for wild flowers and edible herbs. Growing up, I was looking for something different and I went to Rome to study for some years. The big and noisy capital city was so different compared to the rural reality! I thought that my life would have put its roots in the big city, but I was always looking for the nature around me and for a way to slow down the rhythm of everyday living, so I decided to came back. Well, to be honest the main reason why I came back here was for my boyfriend and working partner Giulio, but this is another story!
Since I’ve met Giulio all about my life have changed, and we started to renew this place putting love and care in everything we did. So, here I am now! In the meanwhile I continue my artistic works and so it could happen that sometimes I will not be here, but don’t worry, you will always find Giulio here to welcome you and to clarify any doubts or curiosity about this beautiful area.
Casa del Grivò is an island of happiness, I ended up here by the mysterious course of life and from that moment I’m trying to build a life that is in harmony with my desires: slowing down the frenetic rhythms to reconnect and discover the priceless gifts inside every different season (from the cold of the wild pools in summer time, to the heat of the fire during winter time) and above all, sharing all of this with the guests that arrive here. Beauty is meant to be shared! This place is such an inspiration for meditation, creativity, hope, and I’m trying to develop all of these aspects along with Serena. We committed to share all of this, with all the people that stay here creating a true experience of an authentic way of travelling while feeling at home.
Lelly is the grandmother of the house! She is a lovely and silent dog, with melancholic eyes, she is always around rolled up or in the front line for walks and excursions. Sometimes it seems that Lelly thinks about her as a human being, so we indulge her by treating her as one of us, with patience and love.
Cats have always been around here at Casa del Grivò and at the moment we have five of them living with us: Panda, the elder, always lying on his back somewhere in the shadow; Mirna, wild but loyal, a nice company during the evening walks; Oslo, the Norwegian fellow, he arrived here one day and from that moment he became part of the family; Kiki, a small…eh-ehmmm huge thai cat, a bit shy, she is the one that decides when is the time for cuddles and last (and least for the moment!) is Mamba, a small and black cat, agile and devoted, we’ve rescued her from a car engine.
- We believe in beauty and we love to share it with our guests, offer them an unforgivable stay surrounded by nature.
- We are a small reality and we support the other local realities here in the nearby. You will have the possibility to taste the traditional friulan food and savor the local wines in the different farm houses and wine bars that we will show you.
- Since you will be here our house will be yours, you will have your private spaces, but also the possibility to share common areas and enjoy the garden to relax or play with your children.
- We believe in harmony and inclusion, and for this reason everybody will be warmly welcome and there will be no space for any form of discrimination. It is important for us to remark that our place is an LGBTQ+ friendly reality and here you will be free to be yourself.
- We are trying to give our contribution for the care of the environment, and we ask your help to respect it with small but significant actions: following the rules for the waste sorting, dividing the waste in the special containers; trying to reduce the water waste (especially in summer time our region is under a special water consumption regime); trying to have alway a respectful behavior towards nature and the local fauna (such as salamanders, newts, wild animals…)
- We promote a slow life style, looking for peace and well being.
- We believe in the magic of life, and in the possibility to link together people from all around the world creating an international net of contacts, sharing different stories and experiences.
Even if it’s been a while since we are living here, Casa del Grivò always shakes us and encourages us to think about new projects and new adventures that can be shared with people arriving here from all around the world!
A project we are now working on, is about the creation of a cutting flower garden.We are just at the beginning, but we are full of enthusiasm and hope to delight you with a great and colourful blooming! This project will make the garden even more colourful, and it scent will spread around attracting butterflies and helping all those little insects we strongly need for keeping the environment healthy.